Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start using my Rebelmail account?
Follow the steps below to activate a brand new account. If you have already activated the account previously, you may skip to step 2.
Who is eligible for a Rebelmail account?
- Admitted students: Defined as students who are currently admitted to UNLV.
- Currently enrolled students: Defined as students who are enrolled in at least one course at UNLV.
- Recently active students: Defined as students who have completed at least one course at UNLV within the previous six academic semesters (spring, summer, and fall).
- Emeriti: Defined as faculty members who are designated as emeritus faculty or staff by the NSHE Board of Regents.
What do I get with my Google Apps account?
You get a @unlv.nevada.edu Gmail account, with unlimited storage space, the core Google Apps services (Hangout, Drive, Groups, Sites, and Calendar), and third party apps such as Lucidchart and Lucidpress.
What is my e-mail address?
Your Rebelmail e-mail address is in the format of (Ace username)@unlv.nevada.edu.
What if I don’t activate my Rebelmail account?
You will not receive official communications from UNLV. This includes notices about overdue library books, billing notices, deadlines for registration, and more.
What if I already have an e-mail account that I like?
Activate your Rebelmail account and set it to forward to your preferred e-mail account.
How do I set up Rebelmail on my mobile device?
Please visit https://www.google.com/mobile/ for instructions.
How can I change my Rebelmail e-mail address?
Your E-mail address can only be changed when you have met one of the following criteria:
- You legally changed your name
- You have received harassing or stalking e-mail, unresolved through other means
- Your e-mail address is considered offensive
To request for a change of your e-mail address, please complete the Technology Accounts Username Change Request form. You will be contacted as soon as your request is processed.
What Google services do OIT support?
OIT only provides support for the core Google Apps services (Rebelmail, Hangout, Docs, Calendar, Sites, and Groups). If you have questions about other Google services such as Blogger, Maps, Youtube, and Scholar, please refer to the help section at the top right corner of each individual service.
Do I get to keep my Rebelmail account forever?
No, your Rebelmail account will remain active for six academic semesters (Spring, Summer, and Fall) after your last completed courses.
What if I become ineligible for a Rebelmail account and/or need to move my data out of my account?
Instructions for moving data out of your account can be found here.